third bi-annual small arts competition
Lexington’s Distillery District
An open call for artworks in any medium,
no works over 12 inches in any direction.
$500 1st Prize
Three $100 Honorable Mention Awards
M S Rezny Studio/Gallery
Lexington Distillery District
903 Manchester Street
Lexington, KY 40508
Exhibit dates: August 11th-September 11th , 2015
Entry Deadline: June 15th , 2015
There is no intended theme for the work; it just needs to fit the criteria of being “small art”.
No works over 12 inches in any direction including frame
Juror: Nathan Zamarron, LexArts, Community Arts Manager, Lexington, KY
Zamarron has curator of dozens of exhibits at ArtsPlace Gallery, the City Gallery at the Downtown Arts Center and other venues. He is active throughout the community, helping neighborhood organizations facilitate public art projects and creating workshops to connect resources in the community to individual artists and organizations in need of support.
A graduate of University of Michigan’s School of Art and Design, his own artistic work includes sculpture and print-making.
notBIG(3) is a juried show that is open to all individual artists working in the contemporary arts.
This is an open call for any medium including:
· Painting • Sculpture • Ceramics • Collage
· Mixed Media • Photography • Fiber • Printmaking • Glass
All artwork must be original.
(no copies or reproductions of original paintings or other artwork)
Please submit the following by June 15th, 2015 to: email@example.com (Payment button is below)
· 1-5 works in jpegs formatted 1920 pixels on the longest side, not to exceed 1MB. Files should contain artist name and title of work. example: 01_ J Smith__Night ; 02_J Smith_Day etc.
· $20 non-refundable entry fee for first 3 images, $5 for each additional image payable to M S Rezny
Use the Buy Now button found in the upper right hand corner of this page
· Works may not exceed 12 inches in any directions
· Email should contain Paypal confirmation number and all pertinent information as it relates to each work:
Title of Work
Artist may submit more than three images for an additional $5.00 per image. (Not to exceed five images)
Artists wishing to a send money order for $20 for the first three images, $5.00 for each additional image, along with a CD may do so to:
M S Rezny Studio/Gallery
P.O. Box 4714
Lexington, KY 40544
Calendar for not BIG(3)
June 15th, 2015 – Submissions and entry fee due.
June 30th , 2015 -- Notification of accepted works.
August 3rd -8th, 2015– Delivery of shipped and hand delivered works to the gallery. Hand delivery times: noon to 5 PM.
August 11th , 2015- Exhibit opens
August 14th ,2015—Opening reception and announcement of winners
September 11th , 2015—Exhibit closes
September 14-18th ,2015-- Unsold works returned to artists,– Hand delivered works can be picked up. Noon to 5 pm
· Please note: all works submitted must be for sale. This is a commercial space and the opening for the exhibition will be held on August 11th, 2015, and publicized locally and regionally. The gallery will only take a 40% commission for works sold.
· The artist grants permission to the M S Rezny Studio/Gallery to reproduce entries for the purposes of publicity, internet use and record keeping.
· Works will be insured for the wholesale price while in possession of the gallery. Shipping insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
· No work may exceed 12 inches in any direction including frame
· 2D works must be strongly framed, wired on the back for hanging, or otherwise prepared for installation. Plexiglass is recommended and preferred over glass for all works that are shipped. Fragile or precious materials that cannot withstand normal handling and storage will not be accepted.
· The artist is responsible for funding the return shipment of art work.
An entry to this exhibition constitutes full agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions outlined in this proposal, and guarantees that work entered will be available for exhibition.
M S Rezny Studio/Gallery reserves the right to eliminate (upon receipt) any entry that:
· Differs from the submitted images
· Is presented in a substandard way
· Requires extraordinary installation
Thanks to our community sponsors: