3 - $100 Merit Awards
As well as Numerous Purchase Awards
M S Rezny Studio/Gallery
Lexington Distillery District
903 Manchester Street
Lexington, KY 40508
Exhibit dates: July 1-31, 2014
Entry Deadline: May 15th, 2014
The process and materials used to create a work of art are always of interest; with mixed media they are central to the work itself.
The essence of the mediums, their texture and look are important parts of the message conveyed.
This juried competition seeks to find the best of the layered process of “mixed media” be it paint, drawing, photography, clay, wood, found objects, fiber or whatever.
The artist must use at least two different sources of materials to create one image.
Open to both 2D and 3D artists, however 2D works may not exceed 48” in either dimension and 3D works may not exceed 4’ X 4’ X 3’ and 120 pounds.
Juror: Jenine Culligan,
Senior Curator, Huntington Museum of Art, Huntington, West Virginia
With over twenty five years of experience working in Museums, Culligan has organized exhibitions and worked with art from all time periods, ancient to contemporary, and all styles (traditional crafts, outsider art, prints, paintings, sculpture, decorative arts, etc.), and from many countries. Her specialty is American art from the late nineteenth century up to contemporary. She received a BA degree in Art History (minor: Studio Art) from the University of Kentucky in 1984, and an MA degree in Art History and Museum Studies in a joint program between The Cleveland Museum of Art, and Case Western Reserve University in 1987. She has worked at the University of Kentucky Art Museum; The Cleveland Museum of Art; The National Gallery of Art (summer intern); and The Delaware Art Museum. For the past fourteen years, Culligan has been the Senior Curator at the Huntington Museum of Art, Huntington, West Virginia.
MORE&more is a juried show that is open to all individual artists working in the contemporary arts.
The artist must use two different sources of materials to create one image.
All artwork must be original.
(no copies or reproductions of original paintings or other artwork)
Please submit the following by May 15th, 2014 to: email@example.com
(Payment button is to the right)
• 1-5 works as a jpeg attachment formatted to 6” on the longest side -100-72 dpi. Files should contain entry number (1-5) artist name and title of work.
• Works must use two different sources of materials to create one image
• The body of the e-mail should contain Paypal confirmation number and all pertinent information as it relates to each work:
Entry number (1-5)
Title of Work
Artist may submit more than three images for an additional $5.00 per image. (Not to exceed five images)
• $25 non-refundable entry fee for first 3 images, $5 for each additional image payable to M S Rezny. Use the Buy Now button found to the right
Artists wishing to a send money order for $25 for the first three images, $5.00 for each additional image, along with a CD may do so to:
M S Rezny Studio/Gallery
P.O. Box 4714
Lexington, KY 40544
Calendar for MORE&more
May 15th, 2014 – Submissions and entry fee due.
June 2-5, 2014 -- Notification of accepted works.
June23-27th, 2014 – Delivery of shipped and hand delivered works to the gallery. Hand delivery times: noon to 5 PM.
July 1st, 2014-- Exhibit opens
July 11st, 2014—Awards and Artist Reception: 5-8pm
July 31st, 2014—Exhibit closes
August 1st -7th,2014 -- Unsold works returned to artists
August 1st-7th, 2014 – Hand delivered works can be picked up. Noon to 5 pm
• Please note: all works submitted must be for sale. This is a commercial space and the exhibit will be publicized locally and regionally. The exhibit will open on July 1st with the awards and artist reception held July 11th, 2014. The gallery will only take a 40% commission for works sold.
• The artist grants permission to the M S Rezny Studio/Gallery to reproduce entries for the purposes of publicity, internet use and record keeping.
• Works will be insured for the wholesale price while in possession of the gallery. Shipping insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
• 2D works may not exceed 48” in either dimension and 3D works may not exceed 4’ X 4’ X 3’ and 120 pounds
• 2D works must be strongly framed, wired on the back for hanging, or otherwise prepared for installation. Plexiglass is recommended and preferred over glass for all works that are shipped. Fragile or precious materials that cannot withstand normal handling and storage will not be accepted.
• The artist is responsible for funding the return shipment of art work.
An entry to this exhibition constitutes full agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions outlined in this proposal, and guarantees that work entered will be available for exhibition.
M S Rezny Studio/Gallery reserves the right to eliminate (upon receipt) any entry that:
• Differs from the submitted images
• Is presented in a substandard way
• Requires extraordinary installation
Thanks to our sponsors: